Wednesday 23 June 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kenny Techstepper and Rafael Bejarano.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Ebony And Ivory by Paul McCartney.
In UK Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant was in the top 5 hits.
The Thing, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while The Parsifal Mosaic by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventures of Tron or Fort Apocalypse.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1982!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1982 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Kenny Techstepper: American music journalist.
- Rafael Bejarano: Peruvian-American jockey.
- Derek Boogaard: Canadian professional hockey player (Born 1982).
- Vincent Chin: Chinese-born American murder victim (Born 1955).
- Cleavage opens and closes at Playhouse Theater, New York City
- Intelligence Identities Protection Act (Public Law 97-200)
- Mary Hart joins Entertainment Tonight
- Himmy, of Australia, weighs in at domestic cat record 20.7kg (45 pounds).
- Chinese American Vincent Chin is beaten to death in Highland Park, Michigan, by two auto workers who had mistaken him for Japanese and who were angry about the success of Japanese auto companies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - Ebony And Ivory
- The Human League - Don't You Want Me
- Toto - Rosanna
- Asia - Heat Of The Moment
- Willie Nelson - Always On My Mind
- John Cougar - Hurts So Good
- Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Crimson And Clover
- Dazz Band - Let It Whip
- Juice Newton - Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me
- Ray Parker Jr. - The Other Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?