Sunday 23 May 1926
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Knowles and Georges Bartoli.
It's the Old Army Game, directed by A. Edward Sutherland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1926!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1926 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- John Knowles: American physician and government official.
- Georges Bartoli: Marseille EXecutives.
- Basil D'Souza: Indian bishop (d. 1996).
- Joe Slovo: Latvian / South African attorney / Secretary General (SACR), dies at 68.
- Hans Koessler: Composer, dies at 73.
- Lebanese constitution is established under French mandate.
- Hack Wilson is first to hit a homerun off Chicago's Wrigley Field scoreboard.
- The first Lebanese constitution is established.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 23 May 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1926 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Drifting and Dreaming (Sweet Paradise) - George Olsen & His Orchestra
- Always - Henry Burr
- Always - Nick Lucas
- After I Say I'm Sorry - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
- Here in My Arms - Leo Reisman & His Orchestra
- Rio Rita - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- Kentucky's Way Of Sayin' Good Morning - Brox Sisters
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?