Monday 23 May 1966
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to When A Man Loves A Woman by Percy Sledge.
In UK Pretty Flamingo by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
The Russians Are Coming the Russians Are Coming, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1966!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1966 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Ernst-Paul Hasselbach: Dutch television host and producer (d. 2008).
- Graeme Hick: Zimbabwean-English cricketer and coach.
- Gary Roberts: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Heidi Rohi: Estonian fencer.
- H Benjamin: American actor, comedian and writer.
- Gary Roberts in North York: Ontario, Canada; NHL left wing (Calgary Flames).
- Beatles release Paperback Writer
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman
- The Mindbenders - A Groovy Kind Of Love
- The Mamas & The Papas - Monday, Monday
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women #12 & 35
- Simon and Garfunkel - I Am A Rock
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?
- Young Rascals - Good Lovin'
- The Supremes - Love Is Like An Itching In My Heart
- James Brown - It's A Man's Man's Man's World
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?