Friday 23 October 1970
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 23 October 1970 ?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Saint Giovanni da Capistrano; Anicius Manlius Severinus Boethius
- French Republican Calendar - CTleri (Celery) Day, second day in the Month of Brumaire
- Grant Imahara: American TV Mythbuster.
- Matthew Barzun: American diplomat United States Ambassador to the United Kingdom.
- Steve Wilder: American actor.
- Zoe Wiseman: American model and photographer.
- Gary Gabelich sets a land speed record in a rocket-powered automobile called the Blue Flame, fueled with natural gas.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 October 1970 and get them!