Saturday 24 October 1970
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alonza Bevan and Lamont Hollinquest.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tales of Unease.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1970 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Alonza Bevan: London, England -- Bassist / tabla (Kula Shaker).
- Lamont Hollinquest: NFL linebacker (Green Bay Packers - Super Bowl 31).
- Todd Riech: Polson, Montana -- Javelin thrower.
- Walter Dunson: NFL running back / kick returner (Arizona Cardinals).
- Raul Esparza: TV Actor.
- Rob Leslie-Carter: English field hockey player and engineer
- Jeff Mangum: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Neutral Milk Hotel The Olivia Tremor Control and Major Organ and the Adding Machine)
- Zensa Raggi: Moroccan-German porn actor and director
- Natassa Theodoridou: Greek singer
- Richard Hofstadter: American historian and academic (d. 1970).
- Nancy Walker creates Ida Morgenstein role on Mary Tyler Moore Show
- Salvador Allende Gossens elected president of Chile.
- Salvador Allende is elected President of Chile.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?