Sunday 25 October 1970
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to I'll Be There by Jackson 5.
In UK Band Of Gold by Freda Payne was in the top 5 hits.
Africa Erotica, directed by Louis Soulanes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1970
while The Crystal Cave by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1970!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1970 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- J Adande: American journalist and academic.
- Peter Aerts: Dutch kick-boxer and mixed martial artist.
- Adam Pascal: American actor and singer.
- Ed Robertson: Canadian singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Barenaked Ladies and Yukon Kornelius).
- Daniel Scheinhardt: German footballer.
- Chely Wright: American singer-songwriter and actress
- JA Adande: American sports columnist
- Audra Wilks: Miss USA-Virginia (1997, Miss Photogenic)
- Kelvin Ingram: NFL guard (Seattle Seahawks)
- Adam Goldberg: American actor, director, producer, and musician.He is the son of Donna (née Donna Louise Goebel) and Earl Louis Goldberg, a former lifeguard. His father is Jewish and his mother is a non-practicing Roman Catholic of Irish, French, and German descent. As an adult, Goldberg does not practice any religion. He lives in Los Angeles with his dog, Digger.
- The wreck of the Confederate submarine ''Hunley'' is found off Charleston, South Carolina, by pioneer underwater archaeologist, Dr. E. Lee Spence, Cover Story: Time Capsule From The Sea ampndash ''U.S. News amp World Report'', July 2–9, 2007 then just 22 years old. ''Hunley'' was the first submarine in history to sink a ship in warfare.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1970 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 October 1970 and get them!