Tuesday 23 September 1941
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You'll Never Get Rich, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1941 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Bob Vogel: American football offensive lineman for the Baltimore Colts from 1963 to 1972.
- George Jackson: American activist and author co-founded the Black Guerrilla Family (d. 1971).
- Simon Nolet: Canadian ice hockey player and coach.
- Norma Winstone: English singer-songwriter.
- Bruno Delmas: French palaeographer and archivist, who was appointed curator of the French National Archives (1966-1971), curator of the National Archives of the Ivory Coast (1972-1973), head of the training center for archivists at the University of Dakar (1973-1976), and professor of contemporary archives at the 'École nationale des chartes' (1977-2007).
- Robert Vogel: Columbus sports Champions
- Renato Curcio: Italian terrorist, the founder and former leader of the Italian left-wing militant organization, the Red Brigades (Brigate Rosse).
- General de Gaulle forms government in exile in London
- German air raid on Russ naval base Kronstadt (battleship Marat sinks)
- World War II: The first gas chamber experiments are conducted at Auschwitz.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 September 1941 and get them!