Monday 22 September 1941
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
You'll Never Get Rich, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 September 1941!
Which were the important events of 22 September 1941 ?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- Saint Jonas
- RC Saints - It has been or still is the feast day of the following saints: Saints Digna & Emerita
- In Europe and in cities throughout the world, Car Free Day.
- Mali - Independence Day (from France, 1960)
- Bulgaria - Independence Day 1908
- French Republican Calendar - Raisin (Grape) Day, first day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saint Thomas of Villanueva
- Saint Sanctinus
- Saint Salaberga
- Saint Phocas
- Saint Maurice
- Saint Lolanus
- Saint Lioba
- Saint Lauto
- Autumnal equinox in the Northern hemisphere, Vernal equinox in the Southern hemisphere 1996, 2000, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2012 (by UT).
- Larry Jones: American basketball player, a forward/guard who played in the NBA for the Philadelphia 76ers (1964–1965, 1973-1974), and in the ABA for the Denver Rockets (1967–1970), The Miami Floridians (1970–1972), Utah Stars (1972), and Dallas Chaparrals (1972–1973).
- Catherine Ribeiro: French singer, an experimental folk and avant garde performer.
- Cesare Salvadori: Italian swordsman, winner of the Gold Medal in fencing at the 1972 Olympics, held at Monaco.
- Anna Tomowa-Sintow: Bulgarian soprano and actress.
- Jeremiah Wright: American pastor and theologian.
- British signal officer Bill Hudson lands in Montenegro
- World War II: On Jewish New Year Day, the German SS murder 6,000 Jews in Vinnytsya, Ukraine. Those are the survivors of the previous killings that took place a few days earlier in which about 24,000 Jews were executed.
- he town of Reshetylivka in the Soviet Union is occupied by German forces.
Make this date unforgettable
Get back in touch
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?