Wednesday 23 September 1959
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Sleep Walk by Santo and Johnny.
In UK Only Sixteen by Craig Douglas was in the top 5 hits.
The Magician, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1959!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1959 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Jason Alexander: American actor on the top-rated TV series "Seinfeld.
- Frank Boyce: English author and screenwriter.
- Hans Nijman: Dutch mixed martial artist and wrestler (d. 2014).
- Martin Page: English singer-songwriter bass player and producer (Q-Feel).
- Elizabeth Peña: American actress and director (d. 2014).
- Karen Pierce: English diplomat
- Heather Drew: St. Louis, Missouri -- LPGA golfer (1987 Henredon Classic-5th)
- Iowa farmer and corn breeder Roswell Garst hosts Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev.
- The MS Princess of Tasmania, Australia's first passenger roll-on/roll-off diesel ferry, makes her maiden voyage across Bass Strait.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Santo and Johnny - Sleep Walk
- The Browns - The Three Bells
- Lloyd Price - I'm Gonna Get Married
- The Everly Brothers - ('Til) I Kissed You
- Phil Phillips - Sea Of Love
- Johnny and the Hurricanes - Red River Rock
- Bobby Darin - Mack The Knife
- Sarah Vaughan - Broken-Hearted Melody
- Fats Domino - I Want To Walk You Home
- Paul Anka - Put Your Head On My Shoulder
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?