Saturday 24 February 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 24 February 1940 ?
- Independence Day in Estonia (1918; the Soviet period is considered illegal annexation).
- Flag Day in MTxico.
- St. Sergius
- Dragobete in Romania.
- St. Matthias
- St. Modest
- St. Edelbert
- Blessed Ameel of Ter Duinen
- Regifugium, in the Roman calendar.
- Peter Duel: American stage, television, and film actor, best known for his role as outlaw Hannibal Heyes (alias Joshua Smith) in the television series "Alias Smith and Jones.
- Pete Duel: American actor (Born 1940).
- Denis Law: Scottish footballer and sportscaster.
- Jimmy Ellis: WBA heavyweight boxing champion (1968-70).
- Maria Gabriella : Savoyard princess and noted historian of Italy.
- Guy Perillat: France sport Champion
- Denis :
- Guy Périllat: French skier. He was one of the top ski racers of the 1960s. At age 20, Périllat won a bronze medal at the 1960 Winter Olympics in downhill, and the gold medal in the combined, a non-Olympic event at the time, but a World Championship title.
- Theo Bosch: Dutch humanist / architect (Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam)
- Frances Langford records When You Wish Upon a Star
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?