Wednesday 21 February 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Baker's Wife, directed by Marcel Pagnol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 21 February 1940 ?
- Saint Pepin of Landen
- Language Martyrs' Day - A day celebrated by Bengali speaking people for gaining right of mother tongue.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Peter Damiani.
- Saint Randoald
- International Mother Language Day (UNESCO).
- Doug Gallagher: American baseball player, left-throwing/right batting pitcher who played nine games for the Detroit Tigers in 1962.
- Christian Constant: French chef and restaurateur, who owns four restaurants each with their own style and chef: Le Violon d'Ingres, Le Café Constant, Les Cocottes de Christian Constant (a restaurant offering traditional recipes cooked in Staub Dutch ovens) and Le Bibent (a brasserie located in Toulouse).
- John Lewis: Politician.
- Peter Gethin: English race car driver (d. 2011).
- Wong Jim: Hong Kong actor screenwriter and composer (d. 2004).
- Peter McEnery: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Game is Over, Moonspinners)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?