Sunday 11 February 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Calvin Fowler and Garth Carpenter.
A Chump at Oxford, directed by Alfred Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1940 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Calvin Fowler: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Basketball player (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Garth Carpenter: British-born New Zealander, professional astrologer, and author of astrology books who researched astrological themes for his postgraduate theses.
- Kathy Ford: American heiress, widowed with the death of Henry Ford II, 70, who died of pneumonia on 9/29/1987.
- Anne Gregg: Irish popular writer and TV anchorwoman for "Holiday.
- Mick Staton: American soldier and politician (d. 2014).
- John Buchan: first Baron Tweedsmuir, Governor-General of Canada (1935-40), dies.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?