Sunday 11 February 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
A Chump at Oxford, directed by Alfred Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1940.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 February 1940 ?
- World Day of the Sick.
- Catholicism - Feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes.
- National Foundation Day in Japan (See Holidays of Japan.)
- National Youth Day in Cameroon.
- Professor Leets' Day in the United States.
- National Inventors' Day in the United States.
- Mick Staton: American soldier and politician (d. 2014).
- Anne Gregg: Irish popular writer and TV anchorwoman for "Holiday.
- Garth Carpenter: British-born New Zealander, professional astrologer, and author of astrology books who researched astrological themes for his postgraduate theses.
- Calvin Fowler: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania -- Basketball player (1968 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Kathy Ford: American heiress, widowed with the death of Henry Ford II, 70, who died of pneumonia on 9/29/1987.
- John Buchan: first Baron Tweedsmuir, Governor-General of Canada (1935-40), dies.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?