Friday 24 June 1938
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 24 June 1938 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John the Baptist, patron saint of QuTbec
- Discovery Day in Newfoundland and Labrador (celebrating the 1497 discovery by John Cabot)
- Bannockburn Day in Scotland (see 1314 above)
- Quarter days in England
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Rahmat (Mercy) - First day of the sixth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Battle of Carabobo Day in Venezuela (1821)
- FOte nationale du QuTbec, also called St-Jean-Baptiste Day
- Day of Indian in Peru
- Original Midsummer's Eve in Finland and Sweden, although the official holiday is now moved to the nearest Friday
- St. John's Day in Estonia and Sao Joao in Porto
- Festival of San Juan observed in Bolivia and Peru
- American Radio Relay League - Field Day 2006
- Boris Lagutin: USSR -- Light-middleweight boxer (1964, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Lowell Cross: Composer.
- Walter Willison in Monterrey Park: California, USA; actor (McDuff the Talking Dog).
- Lawrence Block: American crime writer best known for two long-running New York–set series about the recovering alcoholic P.I.
- 500 ton meteorite lands near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- In Chicora, Pennsylvania, USA, a cow is struck and injured by a 450-ton falling meteorite.
- Pieces of a meteor, estimated to have weighed 450 metric tons when it hit the Earth's atmosphere and exploded, land near Chicora, Pennsylvania.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?