Sunday 19 June 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 19 June 1938 ?
- Juneteenth ? celebrates the Emancipation Proclamation.
- Charles Gwathmey: Architect (5 architects).
- Jean-Claude Labrecque: Canadian director and cinematographer.
- Wahoo McDaniel: American football player and professional wrestler (Born 1938).
- Beth Phinney: Canadian educator and politician.
- John Sheil: Northern Irish High Court judge.
- Cheng-Wen Wu: Taiwanese biochemist and academic
- Ian Smith: Australian actor and screenwriter
- Alberto Falck: Italian industrialist, the manufacturer of surgical instruments and president of his company. Falck was an executive board member and chairman of six companies in Italy as well as an advisory board member of Apple Computer S.p.A. and Bankers Trust Company.
- Olympian Flyer express train crashes in Montana, USA, killing 47.
- Paul Waner (Pirates) homers off Pete Sivess (Phillies) in DH
- Reds Johnny Vander Meer extends his string of hitless innings to 21 2 / 3 before Debs Garms singles for Boston in 4th
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?