Thursday 30 June 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 30 June 1938 ?
- Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.
- First Martyrs of the See of Rome.
- Chris Hinze: Dutch flutist (Vivat Vivaldi).
- William Mervin Mills: Pine Ridge, South Dakota -- 10K runner (1964 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Jacques Helleu: French artistic director, who worked for Chanel for over 40 years on the house's iconic ad campaigns.
- Mirko Novosel: Croatian basketball coach Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame 2007.
- Billy Mills: American runner.
- Apostolos Nikolaidis: Greek footballer and volleyball player (Born 1896)
- Milan Rakic: Serbian Poet (Nove Pesme), dies at 61.
- ''Action Comics #1'' is published, which is the first publication featuring the comic book character ''Superman''.
- July ndash The Mauthausen concentration camp is built in Austria.
- The steam locomotive ''Mallard'' sets the world speed record for steam by reaching 126nbspmph.
- The last reunion of the Blue and Gray commemorates the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?