Thursday 16 June 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Ryan and James Bolam.
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Spelling Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1938 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Helen Ryan: Actress (Hannah).
- James Bolam: Actor (Crucible of Terror).
- Joyce Carol Oates: New York, United States -- Novelist (Garden of Earthly Delights).
- Mickie Finn in Hugo: Oklahoma, USA; TV hostess/banjo player (Mickie Finn's).
- Paul Gourvennec: French writer of a book," Vers le Soleil de Dieu," the story of the loss of his son and his subsequent contact with him by automatic writing.
- Joyce Oates: American novelist, poet, critic, essayist and librettist. One of the most versatile writers of her generation, Oates is the author of over 90 books by 2000. Winner of the O. Henry Prize in 1967, the Guggenheim Fellowship in 1968, National Book Award in 1969 and a Doubleday Special Award in 1970, she is most noted for her prolific collections of short stories and her violent, visionary novels including "Haunted," "Bellefleur," "Zombie," and "You Must Remember This."
- Thomas Boyd-Carpenter: English general
- Torgny Lindgren: Swedish author and poet
- Charles Pierce: American actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2010)
- Jimmie Foxx is walked a record 6 consecutive times by Browns
- St. Louis Browns walk Boston Red Sox Jimmy Foxx 6 times in a row
- Congress passes $3.7 billion public works and unemployment relief bill.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?