Thursday 16 June 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1938 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Joyce Oates: American novelist, poet, critic, essayist and librettist.
- Mickie Finn in Hugo: Oklahoma, USA; TV hostess/banjo player (Mickie Finn's).
- Thomas Boyd-Carpenter: English general.
- Torgny Lindgren: Swedish author and poet.
- Charles Pierce: American actor director producer and screenwriter (d. 2010).
- Helen Ryan: Actress (Hannah)
- James Bolam: Actor (Crucible of Terror)
- Joyce Carol Oates: New York, United States -- Novelist (Garden of Earthly Delights)
- Paul Gourvennec: French writer of a book," Vers le Soleil de Dieu," the story of the loss of his son and his subsequent contact with him by automatic writing.
- Jimmie Foxx is walked a record 6 consecutive times by Browns
- St. Louis Browns walk Boston Red Sox Jimmy Foxx 6 times in a row
- Congress passes $3.7 billion public works and unemployment relief bill.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?