Thursday 2 June 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frits Wols [Eugene W Wong Loi Sing] and Edda Göring.
You and Me, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Spelling Bee.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1938 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Frits Wols [Eugene W Wong Loi Sing]: Suriname -- Secretary General (UNESCO).
- Edda Göring: German noted family, the daughter of Hermann Goering who was second to Hitler as the leader of Nazi Germany.
- Maite : French TV star of her own traditional cooking class who moved on to stage and film.
- Gene Michael: Baseball shortstop / manager / General manger (New York Yankees).
- Baroness Princess Désirée: Swedish royalty, the third child of Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Västerbotten, and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, and granddaughter of King Gustaf VI Adolf of Sweden.
- Kevin Brownlow: English film historian and author
- Clifton Cushman: American hurdler and soldier (d. 1966)
- Désirée: Baroness Silfverschiöld of Sweden
- Ron Ely: American actor
- George Penrose: Lord Penrose Scottish lawyer and judge
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?