Wednesday 15 June 1938
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lord Jeff, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1938 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Billy Williams: American professional baseball player.
- Tony Oxley: English drummer (Joseph Holbrooke).
- Ernst L Kirchner: German painter, dies at 58.
- 1st night game at Brooklyn Ebbets Field (Reds 6, Dodgers 0) as Cin Red Johnny Vander Meer hurls unprecedented 2nd consecutive no-hitter
- László Bíró patents the ballpoint pen in Britain.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?