Thursday 9 June 1938
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Holiday, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1938!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1938 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Jeremy Hardie: English economist and businessman.
- Charles Wuorinen: American composer and educator.
- Giles Havergal: Scottish theatre director, actor, and playwright.
- Anne Kenny: Mudgee, NSW -- Golfer (1968, 71 Australian Champ).
- Peter Sanders: CEO (Commission for Racial Equality).
- Charles Wuorinen in New York City: New York, USA; composer (Pulitzer 1980).
- Second Chamber agrees to return Jews to Nazi-Germany
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?