Tuesday 24 March 2009
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Right Round by Flo Rida.
I Love You, Man, directed by John Hamburg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man by Steve Harve was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 2009!
Which were the important events of 24 March 2009 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 March
- The Lady Mary, a fishing vessel, sinks off the coast of Cape May
- Czech Prime Minister Mirek Topolánek resigns after losing a confidence motion in the Chamber of Deputies. (''IHT'')
- France will compensate victims of nuclear testing in Algeria and French Polynesia. (Reuters)
- Japan defeats South Korea to win the World Baseball Classic. (ESPN)
- Michael Misick resigns as Premier of the Turks and Caicos Islands, due to alleged corruption. (BBC)
- South Africa denies Dalai Lama Tenzin Gyatso a visa to attend a peace conference in Johannesburg. (BBC)
- The United Kingdom's Retail Prices Index reaches zero percent for the first time since 1960. (BBC)
- Sixteen militants and eight Indian Army soldiers are killed in Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara District. (BBC)
- Italy jails Tuninter Flight 1153's two pilots for ten years for praying before ditching into the Mediterranean Sea. (Telegraph)
- China's government blocks access to the YouTube video-sharing website. (''New York Times'')
- The United States' federal government announces a plan to increase security along its border with Mexico. (Reuters)
- Immaculata University discovers the mass grave of 57 Irish immigrants in East Whiteland Township, Pennsylvania, United States. (''Delaware County Daily Times'')
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?