Thursday 24 May 1900
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lionel Conacher and Edoardo De Filippo.
Confounding the Art Critic, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1900!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1900 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- Lionel Conacher: Canadian athlete and politician (d. 1954).
- Edoardo De Filippo: Italy Actor.
- Robert Chamfleury: Bohain Writer.
- Eduardo De Filippo: Italian actor and screenwriter (d. 1984).
- Second Boer War: The United Kingdom annexes the Orange Free State.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1900 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Dolly Gray - J.W. Myers
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?