Wednesday 25 August 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, directed by Lewis Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1954 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Gilbert "Gibus" Duclos-Lassalle: French cyclist.
- Martin Jourard: keyboardist/vocalist (Motels - "Only the Lonely").
- John Savage in Old Bethpage: New York, USA; actor (Jim Malloy - Gibbsville).
- Gilbert Duclos-Lassalle: French road racing cyclist, who was a specialist at one-day classic cycling races.
- James Wallace: Scottish politician, a Liberal Democrat Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Elvis Costello: Rock Singer
- Jim Wallace: Baron Wallace of Tankerness Scottish lawyer and politician First Minister of Scotland
- Ivan Filin wins Berne marathon (2:25:26.6) (260m)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?