Friday 20 August 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Egyptian, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1954 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Theresa Saldana: Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (Rachel Scali-Commish).
- William Quinn Buckner: Phoenix, Illinois -- Basketballer (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Quinn Buckner: American basketball player and coach.
- Tawn Mastrey: American radio host and producer (d. 2007).
- Al Roker: American television personality.
- Don Stark: American actor
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
- Patti Page - What A Dream
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?