Friday 25 August 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Brandy (You're A Fine Girl) by Looking Glass.
In UK School's Out by Alice Cooper was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 August 1972!
Which were the important events of 25 August 1972 ?
- Roman festivals - Opiconsivia held in honor of Ops.
- RC Saints - Genesius of Arles, Saint Louis IX of France, Saint Joseph Calasanz
- Uruguay - National Day (independence from Brazil in 1825).
- Philippines - National Heroes' Day.
- Loredana Lecciso: Italian entertainer known for appearances on tabloid talk shows.
- Marlo Perry: NFL linebacker (Buffalo Bills).
- Tony Dumas: NBA guard (Dallas Mavericks).
- Gülben Ergen: Turkish singer and actress.
- Marvin Harrison: Wide receiver (Indianapolis Colts).
- Bryan Stoltenberg: American football player (d. 2013)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Looking Glass - Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Alone Again (Naturally)
- The Hollies - Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)
- Al Green - I'm Still In Love With You
- Argent - Hold Your Head Up
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
- Carpenters - Goodbye To Love
- Nilsson - Coconut
- Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim
- Mac Davis - Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?