Thursday 25 May 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dixie [Virginia] Carter in McLemoresville and Dixie Carter.
Young Mr. Lincoln, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1939 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Dixie [Virginia] Carter in McLemoresville: Tennessee, USA; actress (Designing Women, Edge of Night).
- Dixie Carter: American actress whose primary medium was TV, appearing on five successive series, "On Our Own," 1977-1978, "Out of the Blue," 1979, "Filthy Rich," 1982-1983, "Diff'rent Strokes," 1984-1985 and "Designing Woman, " 1986.
- Francis Mer: French businessman, industrialist and politician.
- Ian McKellen: British actor, an Oscar nominee in 1999 for his role in "Gods and Monsters.
- Emigdio Vasquez: American Chicano artist and muralist.
- Ferdinand Bracke: Belgium sport Champion
- Sir Frank Watson Dyson: English astronomer (Born 1868).
- Carl Storck becomes the second NFL president.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 25 May 1939
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?