Thursday 25 May 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dixie [Virginia] Carter in McLemoresville and Dixie Carter.
Young Mr. Lincoln, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 25 May 1939 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Urbanas Diena observed
- Saint Reinolf
- Saint Marie-Madeleine-Sofie Barat (died 1865)
- Virginia - Confederate Memorial Day (1868)
- Argentina - Day of May Revolution/National Day (1810)
- Towel Day, in memory of Douglas Adams, is observed in ?
- The Ascension, one of the great feasts in the Christian liturgical calendar
- Saint Bede the Venerable (died 735)
- Saint Frederic
- Saint Augustine of Canterbury
- Saint Bruno of Wnrzburg
- The former Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia - Day of Youth
- Saint Hildebert
- Chad, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe - African Liberation Day
- Officially declared Carrie Underwood Day in Oklahoma for her winning American Idol
- Jordan - National Day/Arab Renaissance Day (1946)
- Africa Day commemorating the 1963 fouding of he AU's precursor, OAU
- United States - Memorial Day/Decoration Day, a legal holiday (1868)
- Lebanon, Liberation Day (1999)
- Saint Pope Gregory VII (died 1085)
- Dixie [Virginia] Carter in McLemoresville: Tennessee, USA; actress (Designing Women, Edge of Night).
- Dixie Carter: American actress whose primary medium was TV, appearing on five successive series, "On Our Own," 1977-1978, "Out of the Blue," 1979, "Filthy Rich," 1982-1983, "Diff'rent Strokes," 1984-1985 and "Designing Woman, " 1986.
- Francis Mer: French businessman, industrialist and politician.
- Ian McKellen: British actor, an Oscar nominee in 1999 for his role in "Gods and Monsters.
- Emigdio Vasquez: American Chicano artist and muralist.
- Ferdinand Bracke: Belgium sport Champion
- Sir Frank Watson Dyson: English astronomer (Born 1868).
- Carl Storck becomes the second NFL president.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?