Tuesday 16 May 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janine Langlois-Glandier and Jacques Lescaut.
It's a Wonderful World, directed by W.S. Van Dyke II, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 16 May 1939 ?
- Saint HonorT of Amiens
- Saint Andrew Bobola
- Saint Ubaldus
- Adelaide Cup day - South Australia (2005).
- Saint Simon Stock
- Saint John Nepomuk or John Nepomucene (1330 - 1393)
- Saint Brendan the Navigator - also in the Irish Calendar.
- Teacher's Day in Malaysia.
- Janine Langlois-Glandier: French television director, a specialist in the audiovisual and communication sector.
- Jacques Lescaut: Belgium musician, actor, siderealist astrologer, data collector and publisher.
- Pascal Salin: French economist, professor emeritus at the Université Paris-Dauphine and a specialist in public finance and monetary economics.
- 1st AL night game, Philadelphia Shribe Park (Indians 8, Athletics 3 in 10)
- Food stamps are first issued.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?