Saturday 6 May 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Only Angels Have Wings, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1939 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Eddie Campbell: American singer and guitarist.
- Herbie Cox: rocker (Cleftones).
- Anthony Blacker: master-general of Ordnance.
- Zhanna Dmitriyevna: Yerkina; Russian cosmonaut.
- Konstantin Somov: Russian writer (Born 1869).
- 65th Kentucky Derby: James Stout aboard Johnstown wins in 2:03.4.
- Carl Friedrich Goerdeler tells the British government that the German and Soviet governments are secretly beginning a rapprochement with the aim of dividing Eastern Europe between them. Goerdeler also informs the British of German economic problems which he states threaten the survival of the Nazi regime, and advises that if a firm stand is made for Poland, then Hitler will be deterred from war.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?