Monday 26 August 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Killers, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 26 August 1946 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
- Valerie Simpson: American singer.
- Zhou Ji: Chinese engineer and politician 14th Chinese Minister of Education.
- Priit Pärn: Estonian animator and director.
- Chantal Renaud: Canadian singer actress and screenwriter.
- Mark Snow: American drummer and composer (New York Rock & Roll Ensemble).
- Alison Steadman: British actress, a favorite on TV from the mid-'70s. Steadman is legendary for her talent of mastering the minutiae of mannerisms, earning accolades and awards for her performances. A star in the improved-based play, "Abigail's Party," directed by her husband, Mike Leigh, she became linked with the role of the pretentious vamp Beverly. "Nuts in May" showed another dimension of her extraordinary acting talent. Steadman won an Olivier Award for "The Rise and Fall of Little Voice" and acclaim for "
- Jeanie MacPherson: American actress and screenwriter (Born 1887).
- George Orwell published Animal Farm
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Rickety Rickshaw Man - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 August 1946 and get them!