Monday 5 August 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Loni Anderson in Saint Paul and Erika Slezak in Hollywood.
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching King's Party Line.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1946 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Loni Anderson in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; actress (Jennifer - WKRP in Cincinnati).
- Erika Slezak in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Viki - One Life to Live).
- Gary Beban: American businessman, formerly a football player with a short career in the pro league.
- Bruce Coslet: American football player, the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals football franchise.
- Alain Dassas: French businessman, who held various positions within the Renault-Nissan Alliance and was one of the key participants in the agreements that led to its creation.
- Catherine Dolto: Aka Catherine Dolto-Tolitch. After sociology and theater studies, she became assistant of her mother in the radio program "Lorsque l'enfant paraît". Then she met a Dutch specialist, Frans Veldman, founder of haptonomy. She is now very famous in this medical discipline concerning foetus and baby.
- Rick van der Linden: Dutch keyboard player and songwriter (Ekseption and Trace) (d. 2006)
- Bob McCarthy: Australian rugby player and coach
- Ron Silliman: American poet and blogger
- Erika Slezak: American actress
- Xavier Trias: Spanish pediatrician and politician 118th Mayor of Barcelona
- Wilhelm Marx: German lawyer and politician 17th Chancellor of Germany (d. 1946).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - South America, Take It Away
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?