Monday 5 August 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Black Angel, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1946 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Bruce Coslet: American football player, the head coach of the Cincinnati Bengals football franchise.
- Catherine Dolto: Aka Catherine Dolto-Tolitch.
- Alain Dassas: French businessman, who held various positions within the Renault-Nissan Alliance and was one of the key participants in the agreements that led to its creation.
- Rick van der Linden: Dutch keyboard player and songwriter (Ekseption and Trace) (d. 2006).
- Bob McCarthy: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Ron Silliman: American poet and blogger
- Erika Slezak: American actress
- Xavier Trias: Spanish pediatrician and politician 118th Mayor of Barcelona
- Loni Anderson in Saint Paul: Minnesota, USA; actress (Jennifer - WKRP in Cincinnati).
- Erika Slezak in Hollywood: California, USA; actress (Viki - One Life to Live).
- Gary Beban: American businessman, formerly a football player with a short career in the pro league. As a student at UCLA, he won the Heisman Trophy in 1967. He joiined the Washington Redskins but his career fizzled and he left pro ball after 3 seasons. After he left athletics, he joined a real estate service firm and worked his way up. In 1987 he became President of CB Richard Ellis, a global consulting company.
- Wilhelm Marx: German lawyer and politician 17th Chancellor of Germany (d. 1946).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Frank Sinatra - Five Minutes More
- Bing Crosby & Andrews Sisters - South America, Take It Away
- Just the Other Day - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Hawaiian War Chant (Ta-Hu-Wa-Hu-Wai) - Spike Jones & His City Slickers
- I Know - Tex Beneke & The Glenn Miller Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 5 August 1946 and get them!