Thursday 15 August 1946
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Notorious, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1946!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1946 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Jimmy Webb: American musician, a lyricist and composer of easy listening popular hits.
- Tony Robinson: English actor producer and screenwriter.
- Kathryn Jean Whitmire in Houston: Texas, USA; four-time Mayor of Houston.
- Jimmy Webb in Elk City: Oklahoma, USA; songwriter ("MacArthur Park", "Up Up and Away").
- William Waldegrave: British politician, a Member of Parliament who was returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1946 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- To Each His Own - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?