Tuesday 26 August 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Seinto Seiya.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge or Championship Manager 4.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 26 August 2003 ?
- RC saints - St Zephyrinus, Saint Ninian, David Lewis (one of the Forty Martyrs of England and Wales)
- Namibia - Namibia Day or Heroes' Day
- Zanzibar - Sultan's Birthday
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 26 August
- Jim Wacker: American football coach (Born 1937).
- The Columbia Accident Investigation Board releases its final reports on Space Shuttle Columbia disaster.
- War on Terrorism: President Bush, speaking to American Legion veterans convention, defends the Iraq policy, declaring the United States had hit terrorism in overthrowing the government of Saddam Hussein. President Bush vows ampquot''no retreat''ampquot from Iraq. President Bush also states that the United States may carry out other pre-emptive strikes.
- Space Shuttle program: Columbia Accident Investigation Board (CAIB) releases 200 page final dossier over the space shuttle Columbia's destruction (and the death of its seven astronauts). It states the cause is from NASA's cultural traits, lack of funds, and insufficient safety program.
- Technology: California Supreme Court rules that publishers could be barred from posting DVD descrambling code (DeCSS) online without infringing on free speech rights.
- O.J. Simpson, giving an interview to Playboy, states that he is still innocent, but says ampquot''dream team''ampquot lawyers saved him. Without the money to pay for a ampquot''dream team''ampquot of lawyers, he says he would not have prevailed by being acquitted. In the interview, he also states that after his acquittal he smoked marijuana to get to sleep.
- Former British Prime Minister Sir Edward Heath is flown home from his holiday in Salzburg, Austria, to receive treatment in London for pulmonary embolism.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?