Thursday 21 August 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
S.W.A.T., directed by Clark Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2003.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 21 August 2003 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 August
- Occupation of Iraq: General Ali Hassan al-Majid (''Chemical Ali'') is reportedly captured in Iraq. He had previously been reported dead.
- Israeli-Palestinian conflict: Israel kills senior Hamas official, Ismail Abu Shanab, by a missile strike in the Gaza Strip and sent tanks into the West Bank towns of Nablus, Jenin and Tulkarem in response to a deadly suicide bombing of a bus in Jerusalem. In Hebron, troops destroy the terrorist bomber's home. The militants demand that Palestinian prime minister, Mahmoud Abbas, leave their area of control.
- Canadian transport minister David Collenette announces that Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport will be renamed in September for former prime minister Pierre Trudeau.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?