Sunday 17 August 2003
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
S.W.A.T., directed by Clark Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tinseltown TV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Charlie's Angels or Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 17 August 2003 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 17 August
- Major blackout: investigators now believe the blackout began in Ohio. FirstEnergy Corporation, which services people in the state, released a statement Saturday that three of its transmission lines tripped off at Unit 5 of their Eastlake Plant hours before the blackout, and may have been its cause.
- Terrorists again fired on children in Goraždevac, near Peć, this time while they were in the center of the village. No children were injured in this incident, just four days since the last.
- Saboteurs cause a series of explosions that damaged oil and water pipelines in Iraq.
- Iceland resumes whaling, 14 years after it stopped commercial whaling in 1989. It says that it will hunt 38 minke whales for research on the impact of the whales on fish stocks.
- In Canada, Herménégilde Chiasson is appointed lieutenant governor of New Brunswick on the recommendation of Prime Minister Jean Chrétien.
- A Palestinian cameraman working for Reuters, Mazen Dana, is shot dead by a Coalition tank crew in Iraq while trying to film around Abu Ghraib prison, after a mortar attack on the prison. The tank crew mistook the camera for a grenade launcher.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 August 2003
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?