Sunday 26 November 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1939 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Abdullah Ahmad Badawi: Malaysian politician, 5th Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- Tina Turner: American singer with enormous energy and talent along with world-class legs.
- Mike Boorda: American naval officer, the first enlisted man in the history of the navy to rise to the post of Chief of Naval Operations, an honor he achieved in April 1994.
- Greetje Kauffeld: Dutch Jazz and Schlager singer.
- Abdullah Badawi: Malaysian civil servant and politician 5th Prime Minister of Malaysia.
- Wayland Flowers: Ventriloquist (Madame), dies of AIDS at 48
- John Gummer: English politician Secretary of State for the Environment
- Mark Margolis: American actor
- Grey Ruthven: 2nd Earl of Gowrie Irish-Scottish politician Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster
- Art Themen: English saxophonist and surgeon
- James Naismith: Canadian teacher who came up with the rules for basketball.
- 4 soviet soldiers killed on Finnish-Russian border
- Shelling of Mainila: The Soviet Army orchestrates the incident which is used to justify the start of the Winter War with Finland four days later.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 26 November 1939 and get them!