Saturday 26 November 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Terror of Tiny Town, directed by Sam Newfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1938.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1938!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1938 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Elizabeth E Bailey: University dean (Carnegie Mellon).
- Jeremy Boorda: Admiral.
- Porter J Goss: (Rep-R-Florida).
- Tina Turner [Anna Mae Bullock] in Brownsville: Texas, USA; singer ("Proud Mary").
- Luc Bihl: French lawyer, social activist, pioneer of consumer law, and author of the books "Le droit des debits de boissons" (1979) and "Une histoire du mouvement consommateur" (1984).
- Samuel Bodman: American doctorate of chemical engineering, CEO of Cabot, a chemical company, and a former head of Fidelity Management. Specializing in engineering, technical, investment and venture capital, Bodman has a BS and a PhD in chemical engineering from MIT.
- Porter Goss: American politician, Republican State Representative from Florida and in 2004 named by George Bush to head the CIA. His appointment must be approved by Congress. Goss had been head of the House Intelligence Committee since `1997 and was an Army Intelligence Officer serving in the CIA's clandestine operations in the 1960s.
- Rich Little: Canadian-American impersonator comedian well known during the television variety-show heydays of the late '60s and '70s, doing famous satirizations of Richard Nixon, Clark Gable, John Wayne and a host of others. His voice and character impressions sharply satirized political, theatrical and current news figures, which sometimes annoyed - but always entertained - audiences.
- Rodney Jory: Australian physicist and academic
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1938 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- F.D.R. Jones - Ella Fitzgerald (Chick Webb Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?