Friday 24 November 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Destry Rides Again, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1939!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1939 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Jim Northrup: Baseball player.
- Jim Yester: Birmingham, Alabama -- Rock vocalist / guitarist (Association).
- Yoshinobu Miyake: Japan -- Featherweight (1964, 68 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Peter Blazey: Australian gay activist and writer, outspoken, impulsive and often outrageous, Peter Blazey was an over-the-top character who squandered his inheritance while working toward fame and irregular fortune.
- Maria Chiara: Italian lyric soprano, who made her debut in Venice in 1965, as Desdemona in Otello.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?