Wednesday 27 April 1932
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 April 1932!
Which were the important events of 27 April 1932 ?
- Saint Liberalis
- Saint Mariana
- Saint Floribert
- Rochester, NY: Al Franken Day.
- Catalonia: Montserrat's Day (see Montserrat).
- South Africa: Freedom day.
- Slovenia: Day of Uprising Against Occupation.
- Saint Zita Lombardo
- Melvin Burckes: American engineer and noted family, the son of Jean Gullo, who was the head of the Theosophical Order of Service.
- Anouk Aimee: French actress.
- Aimé Anouk: Paris 16éme Actor.
- Pik Botha: South African lawyer politician and diplomat 8th South African Ambassador to the United States.
- Maxine Brown: American singer-songwriter (The Browns).
- Derek Minter: English motorcycle racer (d. 2015)
- Gian-Carlo Rota: Italian-born American mathematician and philosopher (d. 1999)
- Casey Kasem: American "musical countdown king" radio disk jockey, who co-created and hosted the hit ABC radio show "America's Top 40" until 1988, then went on to syndication, weekly television, and sales pitches for a wide variety of products. In addition to the "countdown" work, he is an activist for a wide variety of causes, many of them Arabic owing to his Lebanese Druze roots. A child of immigrant parents, his real name is Kemal Kasem, and he is a board member for MidEast Communication.
- Anouk Aimée: French actress with a film debut in 1947, a hauntingly beautiful brunette, feline, graceful. The daughter of theatrical parents, she studied dance at Opera of Marseilles, followed by drama lessons in Paris. She was highly acclaimed in "Les Amants de Verone", 1949.
- Charles Adkins: United States -- Light welterweight boxer (1952 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Francois Bayle: Composer
- Petar Ozgijan: Composer
- Chuck Knox NFL coach (Los Angeles Rams: Buffalo Bills, Seattle Seahawks).
- Casey Kasem in Detroit: Michigan, USA; radio personality (American Top 40).
- Clément Guillon: French Roman Catholic bishop of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Quimper, France.
- Harold "Heart" Crane: American poet (Bridge), commits suicide at age 32 by jumping from a steamer while sailing from MTxico to New York.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?