Tuesday 19 April 1932
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Grand Hotel, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 1932!
Which were the important events of 19 April 1932 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
- Andrea Mead Lawrence: Rutland, Vermont -- Alpine slalom skier (1952 Olympics - 2 Gold Medals).
- Fernando Botero: Colombian painter and sculptor.
- Wladyslaw Rzepko: Composer, dies at 77.
- President Herbert Hoover suggests 5 day work week
- US President Herbert Hoover suggests five-day work week.
- 36th Boston Marathon won by Paul de Bruyn of Germany in 2:33:36.4.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?