Tuesday 27 March 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
The Man Who Never Was, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1956 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Giuseppe Tornatore: Italian film maker who directed "The Starman," nominated for Best Foreign Film at the Academy Awards ceremony on 3/25/1996.
- Leung Kwok Hung: Hong Kong activist.
- Brian Kelly: Canadian Football League wide receiver (Edmonton Eskimos).
- David Sconce: American homicide suspect; accused of soliciting killers to remove a rival and to murder his grandparents.
- Dale Arnold: American sportscaster and radio host.
- Dave Debol: American ice hockey player and coach
- Leung Kwok-hung: Hong Kong activist and politician
- Nora Volkow: Mexican-American physician and psychiatrist
- Thomas Wassberg: Sweden -- 15K / 50K cross country skier (1980 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Paul Wickens: English singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Edie Brickell & New Bohemians)
- John Peacock: English cosmologist and academic
- Frans Beelaerts van Blokland: minister of Foreign affairs, dies at age 84.
- US seizes American communist newspaper Daily Worker.
- French commandos land in Algeria.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 27 March 1956 and get them!