Saturday 27 March 1976
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roberta Alma Anastase and Hana Ali.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to December 1963 (Oh, What A Night) by The Four Seasons.
In UK I Love To Love by Tina Charles was in the top 5 hits.
The Image, directed by Radley Metzger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Izgori, za da svetish.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Indy 4 or Sprint 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1976!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1976 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Roberta Alma Anastase: Miss Universe - Romania (1996).
- Hana Ali: American noted family, daughter of boxing champ Muhammad Ali and his then companion Veronica Porche.
- Melissa Herlihy: American homicide victim, age 17 when she was shot in the face with a rifle on June 26 as she slept with their three-month old baby, she died three days later.
- Roberta Anastase: Romanian politician 57th President of the Chamber of Deputies of Romania.
- Adrian Anca: Romanian footballer and manager.
- Djamel Belmadi: French-Algerian footballer and manager
- Danny Fortson: NBA forward (Denver Nuggets).
- Alexei Koledayev: Kazakhstani ice hockey player
- Carl Ng: Hong Kong/British actor and model
- Washington DC underground Metro opens
- The first 4.6 miles of the Washington D.C. Metro subway system opens.
- Delta States beat Immaculata, 69-64, for AIWA basketball title.
- The first 4.6 miles of the Washington Metro subway system opens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- Eric Carmen - All By Myself
- Johnnie Taylor - Disco Lady
- Rufus - Sweet Thing
- Aerosmith - Dream On
- Bellamy Brothers - Let Your Love Flow
- Maxine Nightingale - Right Back Where We Started From
- Bay City Rollers - Money Honey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?