Thursday 27 March 1975
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) by LaBelle.
In UK If by Telly Savalas was in the top 5 hits.
Supervixens, directed by Russ Meyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1975.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1975!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1975 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Yelena Afanasyeva: Russian politician.
- Andrew Blowers: New Zealand rugby player.
- Kim Felton: Australian golfer.
- Katsuaki Fujiwara: Japanese motorcycle racer.
- Graham Gardner: English author and academic.
- Tom Goegebuer: Belgian weightlifter
- Bruce Jacobs: South African field hockey player
- Mihaela Melinte: Romanian hammer thrower
- Hennadiy Moroz: Ukrainian footballer
- Jeff Palmer: American-Argentinian porn actor and singer-songwriter
- Stefán Þórðarson: Icelandic footballer
- Andrea Shubert: American video game designer and producer
- Bernard Logue: American accident victim, a chef for the Boston Red Sox who fell to his death on the morning of May 7, 2005 (12:59 AM local time according to police reports). He reportedly fell from the roof of a parking garage after attending a basketball game in Boston, MA. Logue's death was deemed accidental by an investigation. He was 22 years old.
- Christopher Landon: American noted family, the son of actor Michael Landon and his second wife, Lynn Noe. He works as a producer, writer and director.
- Chakrit Yamnam: Thai film and television actor
- François Petit: French rock climber.
- B J: Gallis; Canadian Football League linebacker (British Columbia Lions).
- Gregory DuBois: hockey defenseman (Team France 1998).
- Fergie : American pop singer, songwriter, sometime actress known as "Fergie." She has been a vocalist for "Black-Eyed Peas," (2003-2005) a member of the girl group "Wild Orchid" (1991-2001) and a solo artist, with her first solo album released in September 2006. She has also launched a fashion line of handbags.
- Construction of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline System begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) - LaBelle
- Minnie Riperton - Lovin' You
- Elton John - Philadelphia Freedom
- B.T. Express - Express
- Joe Cocker - You Are So Beautiful
- Ringo Starr - No No Song
- Phoebe Snow - Poetry Man
- Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You
- Sugarloaf - Don't Call Us, We'll Call You
- Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?