Friday 27 October 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Gibson and Carl .
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Runaround Sue by Dion.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
The Comancheros, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Musik aus Studio B.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 27 October 1961 ?
- St. Namatius
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines - Independence Day (from Britain, 1979)
- Turkmenistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- St. Desiderius
- R.C. saints - October 27th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Abraham the Poor
- St. Vincent, Sabina, & Christeta
- St. Capitolina
- St. Odhran
- St. Elesbaan
- St. Florentius
- St. Frumentius, the saint who introduced Christianity into Ethiopia.
- St. Gaudiosus
- St. Abban of Murnevin
Famous Birthdays:27 October
- 1st Saturn launch vehicle makes an unmanned flight test
- USSR performs nuclear test at Novaya Zemlya and Sary Shagan USSR
- American Basketball League starts play.
- Outer Mongolia and Mauritania become the 102nd and 103rd members of United Nations.
- First Saturn launch vehicle makes an unmanned flight test.
- NASA launches the first Saturn I rocket in Mission Saturn-Apollo 1.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?