Saturday 7 October 1961
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Take Good Care Of My Baby by Bobby Vee.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
King of Kings, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 7 October 1961 ?
- Brian Mannix: Australian singer and actor (Uncanny X-Men).
- Matthew Roloff: American farmer and author.
- Tony Sparano: American football player and coach.
- Andrea Tüngler: German astrologer, working as counselor in Munich.
- Judy Landers in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Vega$, BJ and the Bear, Madame's Place).
- Bye Bye Birdie closes at Martin Beck Theater NYC after 607 performances
- 15th NHL All-Star Game: All-Stars beat Chicago 3-1 at Chicago
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- Dick and DeeDee - The Mountain's High
- Roy Orbison - Crying
- Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Bob Moore - Mexico
- Bobby Darin - You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
- Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor (On The Bedpost Over Night) - Lonnie Donegan and His Skiffle Group
- The Dovells - Bristol Stomp
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?