Friday 13 October 1961
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Hit The Road Jack by Ray Charles.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
West Side Story, directed by Jerome Robbins, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 13 October 1961 ?
- RC Saints - translation (1163) of Saint Edward the Confessor; memorial of Saint Gerald of Aurillac
- Roman festivals - Fontanalia: festival dedicated to Fontus
- French Republican Calendar - POche (Peach) Day, twenty-second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- John Peel Day - A day celebrating the life and influence of the late John Peel.
- Xavier Fontenay: French businessman, who served on the boards of Miss France and Miss Europe alongside his mother Geneviève de Fontenay.
- Doc Rivers: American basketball player and coach.
- Derek Harper: NBA guard (NY Knicks, Orlando Magic).
- Louis Rwagasore: Burundi politician (Born 1932).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
- Roy Orbison - Crying
- Bobby Vee - Take Good Care Of My Baby
- Dion - Runaround Sue
- The Dovells - Bristol Stomp
- Bobby Darin - You Must Have Been A Beautiful Baby
- Dick and DeeDee - The Mountain's High
- Elvis Presley - Little Sister
- Hayley Mills - Let's Get Together
- Bob Moore - Mexico
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?