Monday 30 October 1961
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Runaround Sue by Dion.
In UK Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
The Comancheros, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1961.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1961!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1961 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Hans Segers: Soccer goaltender (PSV, Nottingham Forest, Wimbledon).
- Scott Garrelts: American baseball player.
- Giorgos Papakonstantinou: Greek economist and politician Greek Minister of Finance.
- Larry Wilmore: American comedian and television host.
- Kalman Toth: Canadian ballet dancer with the Le Grande Ballet 1982.
- Luigi Einaudi: Italian politician and economist.
- Soviet Union tests a 58 megaton hydrogen bomb
- UN unanimously elects U Thant acting Secretary General of the UN
- Because of ''violations of Lenin's precepts'', it is decreed that Joseph Stalin's body be removed from its place of honour inside Lenin's tomb and buried near the Kremlin wall with a plain granite marker instead.
- Hurricane Hattie devastates Belize City, Belize killing over 270. After the hurricane, the capital moves to the inland city of Belmopan.
- Joseph Stalin's body is removed from the Lenin Mausoleum.
- November ndash The Fantastic Four #1 comic debuts, launching the Marvel Universe and revolutionizing the American comic book industry.
- The Hungry generation Movement is launched in Calcutta, India.
- The Interstate Commerce Commission's federal order banning segregation at all interstate public facilities officially comes into effect.
- The Madame Alexander Doll Club is founded by Margaret Doris Winson of Sweet Springs MO.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?