Wednesday 27 September 1972
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me by Mac Davis.
In UK Mama Weer All Crazee Now by Slade was in the top 5 hits.
The Last House on the Left, directed by Wes Craven, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 September 1972!
Which were the important events of 27 September 1972 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mashfyyat (Will) - First day of the eleventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- RC Saints - Saint Vincent de Paul
- Ethiopian Orthodox Church - Meskel
- Also see September 27 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Balsamine (Impatiens) Day, sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Belgium - French Community Day
- Sylvia Crawley: American basketball player and coach.
- Lhasa de Sela: American-Canadian singer-songwriter and actress (d. 2010).
- Clara Hughes: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- Cyclist (1996 Olympics - 2 Bronze Medals).
- Craig Rice: American politician.
- Craig L Rice: American politician.
- Gwyneth Paltrow: American actress sometimes compared to Grace Kelly for her cool and regal grace. The only daughter of Tony-winning actress Blythe Danner and producer-director Bruce Paltrow, she and her younger brother Jake had an advantaged childhood both in the sense of material comforts and in having a close, caring family. She did a theatrical walk-on at five with continued exposure as she grew, finding filmmaking both fascinating and familiar. When she was 11, the family relocated to a tiny townhouse in Man
- Laurie Shepard: Cordele, Georgia -- Female pitcher (Colo Silver Bullets)
- Rory Storm: lead singer of and Hurricane, commits suicide.
- 1st game at Nassau Coliseum, Rangers beat Islanders 6-4 (exhibition)
- The Joint Communique of the Government of Japan and the Government of the People's Republic of China is signed in Beijing.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?