Sunday 28 February 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Donny Iris and Barbara Acklin [Allen] in Chicago.
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1943 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Donny Iris: Singer.
- Barbara Acklin [Allen] in Chicago: Illinois, USA; R&B singer ("Love Makes a Woman").
- Hans F Dijkstal Dutch minister of the Interior (VVD: 1994-).
- Daniel Bardet: French writer of historical comics.
- Richard Kline: American Mensan and engineer for the City of Riverside on the planning commission.
- Barbara Acklin: American singer and songwriter (Born 1943)
- Charles Bernstein: American composer and educator
- Hans Dijkstal: Egyptian-Dutch educator and politician Deputy Prime Minister of the Netherlands (d. 2010)
- Donnie Iris: American singer and guitarist (The Jaggerz and Wild Cherry)
- Ronnie Wells: American singer and educator (d. 2007)
- Porgy and Bess opens on Broadway with Anne Brown and Todd Duncan
- 63 U-boats (359,300 ton) sinks this month
- Operation Gunnerside: 6 Norwegians led by Joachim Ronneberg successfully attack the heavy water plant Vemork.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?