Wednesday 28 February 1973
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Walker and Henry Bailey.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Killing Me Softly With His Song by Roberta Flack.
In UK Blockbuster by The Sweet was in the top 5 hits.
The Long Goodbye, directed by Robert Altman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Upper Crusts.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Space Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1973!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1973 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Gary Walker: NFL defensive tackle / defensive end (Houston Oilers).
- Henry Bailey: NFL wide receiver / kick returner (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- Demetrice Martin: WLAF cornerback (Scotland Claymores).
- Eric Lindros in London: Ontario, Canada; NHL center (Philadelphia Flyers).
- Denard Walker: cornerback (Tennessee Oilers).
- Eric Lindros: Canadian professional ice hockey player who started his NHL career with the Flyers during the 1992–93 season. Lindros was an exemplary power forward, and averaged more than a point per game. His hard-nosed style caused him to miss significant time with injuries, and he had many problems with concussions. Lindros captured the Hart Memorial Trophy and Lester B. Pearson Award after the lockout-shortened 1994–95 season. In August 2001, Lindros joined the New York Rangers via trade. He signed with th
- Nicolas Minassian: French race car driver
- Masato Tanaka: Japanese professional wrestler
- Hope Landin: Actress (I Remember Mama, Sugarfoot), dies at 79.
- Suriname government of Sedney arrests 13 union leaders.
- In New Jersey, USA, a magnitude 3.8 earthquake occurs.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 February 1973
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly With His Song
- Deliverance - Dueling Banjos
- Edward Bear - Last Song
- Spinners - Could It Be I'm Falling In Love
- Elton John - Crocodile Rock
- Carly Simon - You're So Vain
- The O'Jays - Love Train
- Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001)
- John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- Lobo - Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?