Sunday 7 February 1943
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Greydon Clark and Eric Foner.
Journey Into Fear, directed by Norman Foster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1943!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1943 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Greydon Clark: American film director since 1958, primarily in the low budget exploitation field such as Angel’s Brigade," 1979 and "Mad Dog Coll," 1993.
- Eric Foner: American historian author and academic.
- Gareth Hunt: English actor (d. 2007).
- Shoe rationing begins in US (may purchase up to three more pairs in 1942).
- Imperial Japanese naval forces complete the evacuation of Imperial Japanese Army troops from Guadalcanal during Operation Ke, ending Japanese attempts to retake the island from Allied forces in the Guadalcanal Campaign.
- WWII: In the United States, it is announced that shoe rationing will go into effect in 2 days.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?