Monday 28 June 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stage Door Canteen, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1943 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Jens Birkemose: Danish painter.
- Klaus von Klitzing: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Bobby Harrison: England, United Kingdom -- Rock drummer (Procol Harum-Conquistador).
- Ed Pastor: (Rep-D-Arizona).
- Pietro Guerra: .
- Donald Johanson: American anthropologist who made the remarkable discovery of hominid fossil remains in Ethiopia, remains which challenged prevailing views on human evolution. The discovery took place on 11/30/1974 at noon, when he found a 3.5 million year old, 3'6" female skeleton that was 40% complete. He named the skeleton Lucy and wrote, "Lucy, the Beginnings Of Humankind," 1981.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?